onsdag 11 december 2013

ODD SAMPLES AND CCT-Volume 1


"WHAT IS ODD SAMPLES?"

Well, I´ll try my best to explain. (english is not my first language, so bare with me).

To begin with: Odd Samples is a very small hobby project of mine, with the goal to provide fellow composers with some unusual stuff. As I understand it, today's composers are constantly looking for new sounds, to keeping them interesting and fresh in the industry.


Soo look at it this way: Odd samples are trying to provide you with some bling, bling for your compositions and sound design.

Odd Samples started with my first ambitious sample library, CCT:Chant Tool, (See older posts),
which was originally meant to be used by me alone, for a personal project I´m working on. But then I thought: Why not offer it for sale, in case someone were interested in something like the Chant Tool? And there you go: Odd Samples were born.

The purpose is not, never were and will probably never be, to create the next go-to sample library! I was doing this for my own need in the first place. But since I´ve already sold a couple of copies of CCT:Chant Tool, it seems that there actually is an interest for my odd stuff.
So thank you guys!



"YEAH, THAT´S NICE... BUT WHO ARE YOU?"

I´m a hobby composer and sound designer, based in Sweden, who loves cinematic music and sound design. I might not be the new Ric Viers, John Williams, Hans Zimmer or Harry Gregson Williams, or any other great composer or sound designer, and I might not be as good as many of you guys. But I´m trying my best to make my own melodies in the genre I love, in my way, my style and in my own pace. Sadly, I´m not much of an music enginneer at the moment. But I´m learning.




"OK! BUT... WHY THE NAME ODD SAMPLES?"

Well, I guess that´s what it is. Odd stuff you probably won´t find anywhere else. Like I said, I´m not aiming to be the creator of the next go-to sample library.




"UHM... I DON´T LIKE WHAT I HEAR IN THE DEMO!"

I´m sad to hear! Too bad you won't give CCT:Chant Tool a chance, though. Like I said: I´m not the best Composer or engineer out there. The Demo is just to show the concept of the library, and also how the samples sounds. It´s not meant to be a masterpiece by any means. If you don´t like demo 1, have a listen to demo 2, for the out-of-the-box sound (the cricket sounds won´t be there in the actual instrument, so don't worry):


http://soundcloud.com/mattias-westergren-1/cct-demo-2


(Edit 2014): For an epic Demo of the possibilities of CCT:Chant Tool, please check out Kurt M. Langre´s composition here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAjCp82XJqA&feature=c4-overview&list=UUBnpuQ39jyok-ijps9k8-kQ



I was advised to leave the samples as neutral as possible, so that the user could tweak it to their own taste, and thats what I did. But... I also added versions of the patches, which are a bit edited. You can hear those samples as well.









"NO, I CHANGED MY MIND... I DO LIKE IT!"

Awesome! Just head over to http://www.sampleism.com/mattiaswestergren/cct-vol.1-chant-tool?sk=kt, and get your copy today! Only £ 17. You´ll probably make a much better track than me... and that would be even more awesome, and I really would love to hear it! 



"WILL THERE BE A CCT-VOL.2?"

Yes! That's the plan.

If you wonder when you can expect a Vol.2, the answer is: I actually don´t know yet. All I can say is that CCT Vol.2 will be something very different than Vol.1, and that I´ve already started on the project.


Now, happy composing everyone! :-)


(A big thanks to the people at Sampleism, for the great support!)


//Mattias

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar